Why choose our tapered roller bearings?
Because of their strengths, NTN tapered roller bearings offer interesting opportunities in many markets, such as agriculture, rail, communications, steel, wind energy.
Safety: the commitment and experience of a premium brand
NTN plays a leading role in the bearing industry. Going beyond the design and production of bearings, we have been recognized for nearly 100 years for our ability to innovate. Uncompromising about the quality of our products, we closely monitor the manufacturing process at our production sites in Japan, France and the United States.
Choice: a complete range
Our offer contains more than 3000 references, in imperial and metric dimensions, covering the entire core range. In addition, our engineers also develop tapered roller bearings customised to the specific needs of your markets (wind energy, railway, agriculture).
Quality: high performance steel
We offer several types of steel for tapered roller bearings. Our standard? Carburizing steel, hard on the surface and ductile in the core to better absorb shocks and increase useful life. When used in arduous applications such as mines and quarries, we are able to achieve a 40% increase in service life thanks to this steel.
What is the major advantage of tapered bearings? 100% of the imperial range is made from carburizing steel.
Tapered roller bearings: specificities of the NTN range
- Metric: up to 850mm bore
- Imperial: up to 1400mm bore
- For specific applications our tapered roller bearings can measure up to 4m in diameter
1, 2 or 4 rows
- In X or O configuration according to the loads applied
- Convenient due to separable cup and cone
Steels and heat treatments:
Carburizing or carbonitriding to improve properties: surface hardness, dimensional stability, resistance to temperature changes through hardened steel
Some benchmarks of the range:
- T7FC and 303xxD: our two series with steep angles (angle 24 degree).
- Particularly suitable for hydraulic pump and motor applications as well as pinion driveshafts for agricultural transmissions.
Prefixes and suffixes to take note of:
- Prefix 4T for carburized steel, adapted to extreme conditions. Available on almost all of the range
- Suffix U for through hardened steel (NTN brand products)