Bearing Inserts For Unit are unmatched in terms of design and performance. These inserts are capable of enduring heavy loads, impacts, and shear forces. For this reason, the offered unit does not degrade in quality or performance in the long run. The sole purpose of the inserts is to reduce the losses occurred in a machine due to friction between the moving parts. Bearing Inserts For Unit are easy to install and maintain. These can be purchased from us at a reasonable price.
Bearing inserts have a spherical outer diameter. They are designed around the internal geometry of a single-row deep groove ball bearing, NTN uses the same steel balls and cage as used in the 62.63 deep groove ball bearing series. The housing has a matching spherical shaped seat in which the bearing insert sits, making it easy for them to be assembled together. NTN offers sealed, lubricated for life, bearing inserts for easy maintenance.
The products include those with a wide inner ring that is tightened to the shaft with screws having mounting balls at two locations, and those that have a tapered bore caliber surface and are mounted on the shaft using an adapter. There are also products using the off - center collar method in which the inner ring is fixed on the shaft by means of an off - center groove on the inner groove and an off - center groove on the collar, and those in which the inner ring is mounted on the shaft through interference between the inner ring and shaft, as in the deep groove ball bearing products.
The self-aligning ability, in all directions, of the bearing inserts can compensate for any slight static mis-alignment of the shaft. The various fixing methods on the extended inner ring provide very simple mounting on to the shaft.
Set screw type
NTN's unique ball-point set screws for select bearing units reliably lock the bearing units to the shaft even when they are subjected to vibration or impact loads.
- The adapter type bearing unit can be reliably secured to the shaft even when it is subjected to impact loads and vibrations.
- Under any operating conditions, this bearing unit can be used on a straight shaft whose fit grade is as poor as h9. Remember, however, this bearing unit must not be used on a shaft that is subjected to great axial load.
Eccentric locking collar type
When installing the eccentric collar type bearing unit, tighten the eccentric collar by turning it in the shaft rotating direction to secure the shaft to the inner ring. As a result, the shaft is reliably coupled with the inner ring and virtually no deformation occurs to the inner ring of the bearing. However, this bearing unit is not recommended for the machines which can run forward and backward, since the eccentric collar can loosen.
Tight fit type
- The raceway ring can be supported with equal load over the entire circumference by providing an interference margin between the bearing inner diameter and the shaft fitting surface.
- It has advantage of maintaining the bearing load capacity and hardly generating vibration,
- On the other hand, this type may ruin the easiness of mounting and dismounting the bearing.
- In addition, inappropriate fitting may result in bearing breakage or short life, so it is necessary to examine the selection thoroughly.